Wednesday 2 September 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Fictional Cities!

Hi everyone! Back for another Top 5 Wednesday. This weeks topic is fictional cities!

If you're interested in joining in on all the fun, here is a link to the Goodreads group created by gingerreadslainey on Youtube: www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday

1. Jannuari - Snow like Ashes
Although you only get brief scenes of within the city, from just that I can image what a magical place it is with the constant winter weather and snow covering the buildings. My favourite season is Winter, so theres no surprise that that appeals to me more than the other seasonal cities in this book!





2. Lunar - The Lunar Chronicles 
I haven't read Fairest yet as I'm saving it closer to the release date of Winter, but the art in the book was absolutely stunning, and if thats what the city on Lunar looks like, boy I want to go there (And avoid Queen Levana obviously...). 







3. Terravin - The Kiss of Deception 
Not at all a city, but the atmosphere and homeliness in this seaside village was so lovely. I'd like to think its similar to somewhere I will live in the future. It sounds so picturesque and makes you forget about all the bad things in life, just like Lia managed too while she was there. 




4. Atlantis - The Little Mermaid 
Fictional/Non fictional? Who knows, people would argue either way. But this city's depiction in almost all works, from films to books, always feels magical and a bit mysterious. The little girl inside of me wants to go and explore the depths of the ocean to find this place. (Avoiding the sharks..)



5. The Emerald City - The Wizard of Oz 
Who could forget the wonderful wizards beautiful green city? I've fantasised about what it would be like to walk around this place since childhood! My Wicked obsession only fuelled this further haha! 




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on doing a T5W that I couldn't do! :)

    I have tagged you in the 'I mustache you some questions' tag, take a look, hopefully complete it, and link me your answers! :)

    Can't wait to read it!

    http://kristisbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/i-mustache-you-some-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete