Friday 24 July 2015

Disney Book Tag!

 I saw this and thought it would be a lot of fun!  Leave your thoughts and any links in the comments if you've done it! Happy reading :)
                                                                             


                                                 
The Little Mermaid
A character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”.



I decided to choose Aria from the Under The Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. I think she fits this perfectly! She's lived in modern domes all her life away from the outside, surrounded by technology and everything provided to her with just a thought into her smart eye. Then she's thrust into the outside world where she has no idea of the dangers that surround her and what it actually takes to survive. 

--------------------------------------------

Cinderella
A character who goes through a major transformation.



Mare from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Due to events that take place in the book, Mare has to be transformed from a Red, who are commoners living off very little money, into a Silver, who are classed as royalty. She has to change everything about herself in order to disguise as one of the Silvers. Heavy makeup to conceal her rosy cheeks caused by red blood, frocks fit for a rich silver royal and the attitude and behavior to match. Her life depended on pulling this transformation off successfully with no one non the wiser that she wasn't actually of Silver blood.
-----------------------------------------

Snow White
A book with an eclectic cast of characters.



How can I not say the Harry Potter series for this one? Duh! :)
-----------------------------------------
Sleeping Beauty
A book that put you to sleep.

 

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge. I know a few people may disagree with me on this, but personally I really struggled to keep reading this book. I hate not finishing books, so I forced myself to continue with it. For me, the writing style and world building was confusing which I didn't find with Cruel Beauty. I also didn't really connect with any of the characters and mostly didn't have a clue what was happening throughout the book.

--------------------------------------
The Lion King
A character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood.


I chose Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer for this one. Although she doesn't remember it, she was actually involved in a big fire in her nursery. She was so badly hurt from it that doctors had to turn her into a cyborg (half robot) and comatose her for years before she was well enough to continue living.
-------------------------------------------

Beauty and the Beast
A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. This is cheating a little, since I haven't actually read the book yet. I know, I know, I need to get on with it already. It's sat there on my shelf staring at me, intimidating me with all its pages and little writing. I love/adore/freak out over the TV show, so I know the story is just beautiful inside it, but it's taking me some time to actually pick it up. Maybe I'm readying myself for the feels? Yeah, lets go with that.  
--------------------------------------------

Aladdin
A character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse.

 

After much thought, I ended up choosing Kerrick from the Avry of Kazan trilogy by Maria V Snyder. The main character Avry is a healer, who takes on peoples injurys and illnesses to her own body to cure them, since she can heal much quicker. However, there is a plague which has spread in the world which even the healers do not survive if they try to cure someone. Kerrick finds Avry and tries to  force/persuade her to cure the Prince, who has contracted the plague. However... he ends up falling for Avry on their journey to the prince. He gets what he wants, but at a price of a life, the prince, or Avry?
----------------------------------------

Mulan
A character who pretends to be someone or something they are not.




Lia from The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E Pearson. This applies to both the books that are currently published, The Kiss of Deception and The Heart of Betrayal. Lia is a princess who runs away from an arranged marriage which she doesn't want. In the first book she settles in hiding as a barmaid in a sleepy coastal town. After events in the rest of the book and into the second, she has pretend to be in love and want to stay with the enemy, which she definitely does not! haha!

------------------------------------------
Toy Story
A book with characters you wish would come to life.

I can't chose! I want all my favourites! 
So I'm gonna go for a funny answer. Lets take all the villains from books and put them into a Hunger Games style throwdown and see who conquers :D And then let all the good guys/gals from books into the area to kill them off once and for all mwhahaha! 

--------------------------------------

Disney Descendants
Your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character. 
                                     

Magnus from the Falling Kingdoms series  by Morgan Rhodes. A lot of people aren't a fan of this guy and prefer Jonas... but no. Not me. He's my favourite character in the series and although he's done bad things I love seeing his personality develop with each book and can't wait for chapters in his perspective. He's just <3.  Definitely a Magnus and Cleo supporter right here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment